Der deutsche Zweig von SOS MEDITERRANEE sucht eine:n Philanthropy Manager:in zum Aufbau der Fundraisingkapazitäten im Bereich Großspenden. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 11.09., zur Bewerbung geht es hier. Alle Informationen zu Hintergrund und Anforderungen:
Location: Ideally Berlin, Germany – remote working possible within a 2-hour time zone difference. Occasional travel in the EU.
Salary: Based on SOS MEDITERRANEE’s salary grid and professional experience.
Reports to: Director Germany
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
The European Association for the Rescue of Life at Sea “SOS MEDITERRANEE” is a maritime and humanitarian organisation founded by a group of European citizens in 2015 to face the lack of adequate rescue capacity in the Mediterranean. In six years of Search and Rescue operations, the teams on board the ship Aquarius and Ocean Viking (operating since 2019) have rescued and assisted more than 35.000 persons in the Central Mediterranean, the deadliest migratory sea route in the world. These operations are currently run in partnership with the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) to manage post-rescue assistance, including medical care, to survivors onboard.
Initially founded in Germany and France, the European Association has grown into an international network of four national chapters in Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland.
The purpose is: Save lives of people in distress at sea; protect and assist them until they are disembarked in a place of safety and testify to this situation and the many faces of migration.
At the end of 2021, the German branch of SOS MEDITERRANEE announced its decision to part ways from the international network and start a new project under the name “SOS Humanity”. SOS MEDITERRANEE is convinced of the relevance to maintain a branch of the European organisation SOS MEDITERRANEE in Germany, with its unique positioning in the field of Search and Rescue NGOs. Therefore, SOS MEDITERRANEE International network has decided to re-establish a new chapter in Germany.
This is an exciting new role for an experienced high value fundraiser who will have the opportunity to build and develop an entire new function for the new German SOS MEDITERRANEE organisation.
The role is responsible for the development, implementation and management of SOS MEDITERRANEE’s fundraising activities with individual, corporate, foundation and institutional donors in Germany, in line with the strategic directions of the international network. The candidate will help develop the mobilisation of the German audience by approaching donors and prospects, and forging links with supportive German partners. The candidate will represent the German entity within the SOS MEDITERRANEE International fundraising networks.
The role reports to the Director Germany. Especially in the beginning a frequent exchange with fundraising colleagues in the network is essential to guarantee successful and swift development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement HNWI, corporate, foundations, and institution donor fundraising
- Assess opportunities and set priorities among several fundraising channels
- Develop respective high value donation strategies and plans
- Work with the initially small German team, the international teams and leadership
- Develop prospect lists, manage outreach, and ensure appropriate follow up with donors and prospects
- Plan, oversee, and manage fundraising events and other outreach opportunities
- Develop the organization’s donor base according to agreed targets
- Develop highly compelling proposals and letters for the diverse target donor groups
- Integrate programme, budget, and fundraising objectives
- Represent SOS MEDITERRANEE to key stakeholders in the donor and other communities
- Negotiate with donors to reach agreement on giving and commitments
- Facilitate and engage SOS MEDITERRANEE leadership to meet with key prospects
- University degree and/or professional qualification in fundraising, marketing, international relations, business administration, and/or other relevant fields
- 7+ years of professional experience, partially in Germany, in several fundraising channels, i.e. HNWI, foundation, corporate, institutions
- Mother tongue/professional language proficiency in German and English (written and spoken) essential; additional languages an asset
- Demonstrated track record of successful acquisition of six- and seven-digit gifts
- Proven experience on strategy development, planning, target setting, and delivery on fundraising goals
- Demonstrated organizational skills and an ability to independently manage a portfolio of diverse donors and prospects
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to engage donor and prospect leadership/senior staff, and the respective communities
- Capable of working effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills; ability to draft proposals
- High level of cultural awareness, diplomacy, and political sensitivity
- Familiarity with MS office and fundraising tools including CRM
Cover photo: Anthony Jean / SOS MEDITERRANEE